Friday, July 12, 2013

Carnivorous Plants


My family went on a hike in Kouchibouguac National park, we choose the trail called “The Bog”. If you are wondering what a bog is, it is a huge area of moss and peat. When it rains the bog expands and kills the trees and forest plants in its path. Only certain plans can survive in a bog.



When we first read the description of the trail, Clara kind of panicked because it mentioned Carnivorous plants. I don't blame her, especially because my Dad kept trying to scare her while we walked the trail.

Along the trail we saw a weird flower, it was a big tube. My Dad said it was probably one of the carnivorous plants and my sister thought we should throw something into it. I took a berry and threw it toward the flower. I missed on the first shot but the second toss was a success! But the flower didn't do anything so we kept on walking until we found a sign describing the carnivorous plants. That is when I found out that the “tube flower” WAS a carnivorous plant!! The sign explained that the flower digests its food without moving at all, which made a lot of sense.


I really lived the Bog trail, especially when it was my turn to scare Clara!

Observation tower

No comments:

Post a Comment