Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Canoe adventures


Last year, when we were here in Sauble Beach, Clara and I went on a canoe ride up the Sauble river to the water falls.  It was nice being just the two of us.  Clara talked the whole time and I never got a word in.  And she freaked out a few times because she thought she had seen a fish or a turtle swimming under the canoe.  It was very funny.

Today, I decided to make the same trip with Leo this time.  How different they are!  Leo hardly said a word.  He just paddled silently, watching the scenery, deep in thought.  I think I did most of the talking this time.  "Look at that heron in the tree!"  "Look at that turtle on the log!".  Silent nods of acknowledgement.

Two very different experiences, but in both I felt that we bonded.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure when you tell this story everyone will comment on the difference between girls and boys but we see the same differences between our boys. One on one time really let's their true personality shine.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete